– Earn the CLHMS Designation –
CLHMS Designees Earn More!
A recent study by one of the world's largest real estate brands found that among their agents, those who earned and maintained the CLHMS designation averaged more commission income than agents with any other designation.
APPLICANT CRITERIA TO EARN THE CLHMS DESIGNATION
To qualify for the CLHMS designation, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the Institute's Luxury Home Marketing Training
- Be an active Member of The Institute
- Submit the qualifying properties that meet the sales requirements outlined below with the CLHMS Application page in the Institute Portal (Members Only).
There is no additional fee to apply. Active Membership with The Institute must be maintained to use the CLHMS™ designation verbiage and logo.
CLHMS Application Sales Requirements
Three (3) closed property transactions that meet each of the following:
- The property is residential, such as a single-family home, townhome, condominium, or cooperative.
- Unimproved land, commercial, or multi-family properties do not qualify.
- Each property is a unique address. An applicant can represent either side of the transaction, or be a co-agent.
- If an applicant was both the Listing Agent and Buyer's Agent for a single transaction, that transaction will only qualify as ONE transaction for the purpose of the application.
- The Sold Price is at or above the Luxury Threshold Price for the Market Area.
- Use the Luxury Threshold Lookup Tool for all Market Areas you service
- Please be advised Luxury Threshold Prices on file are subject to change.
- The Sold Dates (3) are within a single 24-month period of each other.
- This 24-month period can be at any point in your real estate career.
Application Supporting Documentation Requirements
Each property transaction submitted on the CLHMS Application must be accompanied by one of the following supporting documentation options:
- Option 1: Sold MLS Listing Sheet, to include the agent details
- Option 2: HUD Settlement Statement with Commission Disbursement Acknowledgement (CDA)
- Copies of checks are NOT accepted, per security policies
All supporting documentation must include the full property address, property type, sold price, sold date, and must verify the applicant was as an agent for the sale.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any active Institute Member is eligible to submit the CLHMS Application for the CLHMS designation. There is no fee for the CLHMS Application and no subimssion deadline.
Once the CLHMS designation is earned, a designee must maintain their Membership in The Institute to continue using the CLHMS trademark and logo.
The CLHMS designation is open to active Institute Members who have completed an Institute course, either live or online, and have submitted an application that meets the sales performance requirements listed above.
The Institute defines the U.S. Market Area by county. In Canada, a Market Area is defined as a Regional Municipality/ County. The Market Area that a property transaction resides will determine the sold price requirement for that property transaction. The three property transactions do not have to be from the same Market Area
Use the Luxury Threshold Lookup Tool for Market Areas you service
The Luxury Threshold Price for a Market Area is determined by the sold price of a unique, residential property that represents the minimum value of the TOP 10% of residential sales in a Market Area and is more than $500,000.
Institute Members can download the CLHMS Application from the Members Only portal under My Membership section. The PDF application must be filled out and submitted to The Institute along with the required supporting documentation, listed above. Please allow up to two weeks for review.
All submitted transactions must be closed residential properties, such as single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, or cooperatives.
Unimproved land, commercial properties, or multifamily properties do not qualify.
Institute Members who earn the CLHMS designation must pay their membership renewal dues with The Institute to continue marketing and promoting themselves as a CLHMS Designee.
There are currently two renewal options, a 12-month renewal option and a 24-month renewal option.
Please allow two business days to receive a confirmation of receipt of the application packet. This confirmation of receipt will outline the application packet review date, typically within two weeks of submission.