– Achieve Guild Recognition –
Recognized as an achievement in luxury markets around the world, the Million Dollar GUILD™ recognition assures high-net-worth-individuals that real estate professionals who have achieved GUILD status are remarkably knowledgeable, experienced, and have the unique skills necessary to meet and exceed expectations for today’s most discerning luxury buyers and sellers. Luxury real estate professionals achieve GUILD recognition after having completed the luxury home sales and marketing training, becoming an Institute Member, earning the Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist™ designation, and have documented performance in the million dollar and above residential market.
GUILD Recipient Criteria
To qualify for the GUILD recognition, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete The Institute's Luxury Home Marketing Training
- Be an active Member of The Institute
- Be a Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist™ (CLHMS) designation Member
- Meet or exceed the GUILD recognition sales requirements
There is no additional fee to apply for the GUILD recognition. Active Membership with The Institute must be maintained to use the GUILD trademark and logo.
GUILD Sales Requirements
Two (2) closed transactions that meet each of the following:
- The property is residential, such as a single-family home, townhome, condominium, or cooperative. Unimproved land, commercial, or multi-family properties do not qualify.
- Each property is a unique address. If a Member was both the Listing Agent and the Buyer's Agent for a single transaction, the sale will only qualify as one transaction.
- The sold price is at or above $1,000,000.
- The sold dates of both properties are within a 24-month period of each other. This period can be at any point in your real estate career.
Each of the property transactions must be accompanied by one of the following options:
- Option 1: MLS sold report; or
- Option 2: HUD Settlement Statement and Commission Disbursement Acknowledgement (CDA)
All supporting documentation must include the property address, property type, sold price, sold date, and commissioned agent's name.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any active CLHMS Member of The Institute is welcome to submit the GUILD Application to earn the GUILD recognition. There is no fee for GUILD Application and no submission deadline. Once the recognition is earned, a recipient must maintain an active membership with The Institute to continue using the GUILD trademark and logo.
The GUILD recognition is open to active Institute Members who have completed an Institute course, either live or online, have earned the CLHMS designation, and have submitted an application that meets the sales performance requirements listed above.
With the CLHMS Application, if at least two of the three CLHMS qualifying transactions have a sold price at or above $1,000,000, then the applicant will automatically be approved for both the CLHMS designation and GUILD recognition.
If the sales don't quite yet meet the criteria, an active CLHMS Member is eligible to submit the GUILD Application at any time.
Active CLHMS Members can download the GUILD Application from the Members Only portal under My Membership section. The PDF application must be filled out and submitted to The Institute along with the required supporting documentation listed above.
All submitted transactions must be closed residential properties, such as single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, or cooperatives.
Unimproved land, commercial properties, or multifamily properties do not qualify.
Members who earn the both the CLHMS designationand GUILD recognition must renew their membership with The Institute annually to continue marketing and promoting themselves as a having CLHMS or GUILD.
Please allow two business days to receive a confirmation of receipt of the application packet. This confirmation of receipt will outline the application packet review date, typically within two weeks of submission.